A quick, five week engagement resulted in four face-to-face interviews which led to securing a designer position hire.
32 years ago, Herman Miller opened a Colorado dealership called Office Pavilion in Denver’s Larimer Square. And while their name has since changed, their specialties and values remain the same. Workplace Resource specializes in commercial, education, government, and healthcare spaces throughout Colorado, Wyoming, South Dakota, and Nebraska. They are a leading provider of workplace environment solutions, products, and services, and the trusted source for the industry’s most innovative and inspiring brands. They are the region’s only Herman Miller Certified Dealer.
Similar to many firms, Workplace Resource of Colorado did not have a standard process in place for identifying, screening, and hiring candidates.
More often than not they relied upon word of mouth advertising or their internal HR database to generate candidates. In addition they often engaged contingent recruiting firms for assistance with less than stellar results.
The need was critical to business success, identify and recruit a creative and high-performing Designer in a challenging market (small market with a limited talent pool in the design space).
- Millington Lockwood did not have sufficient time or expertise to dedicate to the recruiting efforts.
- Workplace Resource of Colorado had two open Designer positions that needed to be filled.
- Colorado Springs is a challenging market and surge in demand for experienced design professionals created a limited talent pool.
With the introduction to the Herman Miller Dealer Talent Program, Workplace Resource of Colorado had an additional tool in its recruitment arsenal. Workplace Resource engaged PredictiveHR in a Fast Track and was open to exploring non-traditional candidates who may not have dealer experience. Furthermore, they supported the use of assessment tools (Talent+) to help screen the candidate population.
- A Fast Track purchase was initiated via a simple online transaction via the PredictiveHR designed and managed talent portal.
- Weekly touch point meetings with the dealer were leveraged to keep communication lines open and continuously enhance the process performance.
- Talent+ Design assessment was implemented to evaluate candidates.
Over the five week engagement, PredictiveHR submitted five (5) candidates for consideration, four (4) were interviewed, and one (1) hired.
The candidate selected did not have previous dealer experience; however, scored exceptionally well on the assessment (86th percentile).
A week later, based upon the success of the initial project, Workplace Resource purchased a second Fast Track for an additional Designer position in the Denver market.
Workplace Resource of Colorado is pleased to have PredictiveHR as a recruitment partner.